Wednesday, December 10, 2014

All I Want for Christmas is Blue ~~ A Lord and Lady Spy Novella by Shana Galen



I was very disappointed when author Shana Galen retired Blue, my favorite character from The Lord and Lady Spy novels. I couldn't believe that I wouldn't be reading about Blue's brightly colored capes and pink waist coats, his adventures with Butterfly, Baron, Wolf and Saint and his unusual obsession with the opera.

After reading A Spy Wore Blue and Love and Let Spy, I wasn't convinced that my favorite blue -eyed spy was enjoying retirement from the Barbican group. Helena wasn't mentioned in the last book. My hero didn't get his happily ever after. Or did he?




"Now I understand your sudden interest in opera," Baron said, coming to stand beside him. "She's lovely. I always thought your tastes ran to baritones."

"I'm full of surprises."

"So am I."

Blue gave his lace a last fluff and lifted his gaze to the man beside him. Winston Keating was the new leader of the Barbican group, the Crown's most elite espionage wing. They'd recently foiled an attempt to blow up Parliament, and that had been on top of thwarting an assassination attempt of the Prince Regent himself.

"Hardly," Blue remarked, giving Baron's wrinkled coat a disdainful glance. One would think a man with those broad shoulders might look better in a coat.

"I imagine you are here in an attempt to entice me back to the Barbican group."

Baron tried to look innocent. "Did you ever leave? I seem to remember you were at Bonde's side when she brought down Fonce."

"Coincidence."



Baron is trying to entice Blue into assisting the Barbican group by decoding a message. Blue is tempted because he loves to work through puzzles and codes but, he promised to put Helena first and retire from spying. He declines. Reluctantly.

Shana Galen has written a sweet, sexy, holiday romance for Blue and Helena. I enjoyed the entire book from the fabulous sexy cover to the last few words. Fans of the much loved Lord and Lady Spy series will enjoy Lord and Lady Bloomington's coach ride to the Ely Ball. The adventure begins as Blue's plans for a bit of passion in the coach are interrupted by an unexpected visit. I enjoyed the unexpected events which occurred at the Ely Christmas ball. Both our hero and heroine learn important truths about each other, their careers and families.

Thank you Shana Galen for the Happily Ever After for Blue and Helena! All I Want for Christmas is Blue is the perfect gift for your readers who enjoyed The Lord and Lady Spy series!

Reviewed by Susan Gorman



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!