Wednesday, August 23, 2017

lost and found sisters by Jill Shalvis

lost and found sisters
by Jill Shalvis
 

Wildstone - Book One
 
I have been a big fan of Jill Shalvis for a long time.
I expect certain things from her stories. Much of
which is delivered in lost and found sisters.
Then there is new stuff. The lead character,
Quinn Weller, has a much deeper background
that comes to light in this story. There are the 
chuckles that you look forward to with Jill Shalvis.
There are always
fun towns, interesting atmospheres
 and great side characters. But I felt like this story was much
deeper and even has a darker side.
The secrets just kept on coming. The whole story 
was a wonderful surprise. I don't know what
is coming up next in this series. But I do know I am
looking forward to it.
 
I can't explain the title without exposing spoilers.
I believe it will be a much more enjoyable and
interesting read with as little as possible
advance information. I will say this much,
Quinn is a chef in a fancy restaurant
in LA but she cant make a pancake.
And the folks in Wildstone, they dig their
pancakes. With chocolate chips.

 
 "So you're saying you don't feel excited or aroused, Ever."
Well, she hadn't. Until yesterday when she'd reacted to his
leanly muscled build like she'd never seen a man before.
And at the thought, she squirmed again.
"Quinn." He ran a work-roughened finger along the palm of
her hand and she got a full-body shiver. "Do you feel that?"
"Um," she said eloquently.
His eyes held her prisoner while her pulse raced and butter-
flies danced in her belly and at that realization, her palms went
sweaty. She thought about lying but knew she couldn't sell it, not
with how closely he was watching her, seeing her. "Okay, so I feel
something," she managed.
"I think maybe you just switched me back on."
 
My oh my my my, you need to meet Mick. He is a
successful business man that has no interest in being
in Wildstone. No interest at all. But there he is.
Fabulous romance. The story continues to expand
all the way through. Terrific ending. But I sure
am looking forward to the next one.
 
I got this copy from my library.
Review by Lisa Hutson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!