Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Nantucket Sisters by Nancy Thayer - Audio Version

Nantucket Sisters
Audio version

I just finished listening to this one on my walk this
morning. It has been a fabulous story to listen to
when I am out in the sunshine. I wonderful tale
full of female friendship. Gosh, it's fun to read a story
of strong women that manage to find their way
back to each other no matter how long they
are apart or how far away they are from each other.
Emily Porter is from the wealthy side of Nantucket.
Her mother does try to bring her up in the traditional
Nantucket way. And she does succeed to a degree.
But when Maggie McIntyre and Emily meet as
children, there is a bond formed. And even Emilys
strong willed mother cannot ever completely break it.
I enjoyed the story of their friendship starting as
children. Emily always kind of wishes she could be
one of the 'island people'. Like Maggie is. Their lives
go in opposite directions and then together and
far apart and then together. The ebb and flow of
life, family, love. The constant changes that we all
have are shared between them.
Its a sweet story. While there are a couple parts that
I struggled with. It is what it is. Life. 
Unpredictable. Impossible. Ecstatic. Joyful.
Unbearable. Shocking. Love. Forgiveness.
It's all in this story. 
Kate Rudd does the narration for this story.
She does a fine job. I would certainly listen
to her again.

I bought my copy of this from Audible.com
Review by Lisa Hutson
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!