Thursday, November 3, 2016

How to Impress A Marquess By Susanna Ives


A Recipe for . . .  
How To Impress A Marquess - Wicked Little Secrets series book III

TAKE ONE MARQUESS: Proper, put-upon, dependable, but concealing a sensitive artist's soul.

ADD ONE BOHEMIAN LADY: Creative, boisterous, unruly, but secretly yearning for a steadfast love, home, and family.

STIR in a sensational serialized story that has society ravenous for each installment.

COMBINE with ambitious guests at an ill-fated house party hosted by a treacherous dowager possessing a poison tongue.

SHAKE until a stuffy marquess and rebellious lady make a shocking discovery: the contents of their hearts are just alike.

Take a sip. You'll laugh, you'll swoon, you'll never want this moving Victorian love story to end.






I love a fabulous house party romance! It’s interesting to read what develops when people are in close company—sharing meals, playing charades, listening to music or picnicking on the lawn. Susanna Ives has written a fabulous opposites attract romance between George, the Marquess of Marylewick and his ward Lilith Dahlgren.

George and Lilith are polar opposites. George takes his role in Parliament and his estate duties very seriously. He’s very structured and a bit boring until his unconventional ward moves in with him. Lilith is an engaging woman, she’s artistic and a bit of a free spirit. She is frustrated with how George treats her and manages her money. Lilith, using a pen name, authors the popular Collette and the Sultan series which George reads faithfully. He has no idea that Lilith has based the domineering Sultan on him.

Lilith discovers that George was an artist when he was younger and why he abandoned his artwork. During the house party, she begins to understand that George is responsible for caring for many people and understands why he is so dedicated to his job. This understanding causes her to regret her portrayal of George aka the Sultan in her stories. Self-discovery is important to several characters in the novel and the author does a wonderful job transforming Lilith from a spoiled heiress to a compassionate woman.

Susanna Ives is a new-to-me author. I enjoyed this Victorian romance, the fabulous banter between the two main characters and the house party setting. I am glad the author wrote a hero who was an honest, hardworking man, not the typical rake, spy or Duke character. There is a villain in disguise and a few surprises as the story reaches its conclusion which added to my enjoyment of the book. I adored the ending!

Reviewed by Susan Gorman
ARC provided by Sourcebooks



Chat with author Susanna Ives


My Top Five Things To Do On A Chilly Fall Weekend. 

I live in Hotlanta. I remain trapped inside during the inferno of summer, away from the smolder, vicious mosquitoes, and copperheads. I rush outside with wild joy when fall finally arrives. Poets may write of symbolic dying and withering in fall and winter, but I’m very much alive, my spirit renewed and bounding with energy in the wonderfully crisp weather. So here are my top five things:

1.) I love to sit outside at night, enjoying the refreshing cool air on the back of my throat and watching the white moon peeking through the tree branches.

2.) I am all things pumpkin spice. Pumpkin spice lattes, muffins, cookies, silk milk, peeps, even hair gloss. My friends laugh at me, because it seems pumpkin spice has lost its cultural coolness. Whatever. Pumpkin spice feels me with coziness and contentment. I highly recommend reading How to Impress a Marquess while ingesting some pumpkin spice goodness. For an add-on aromatherapy, light some pumpkin spice candles.

3.) My husband can build some amazing fires (in fireplaces, of course). He scavenges the neighborhood for the perfect firewood and then tends to his fire like a mother looking after her newborn. I’m not someone who relaxes easily. My caffeine-reliant brain is always buzzing and on alert. But the lulling hiss and pop of a fire quiets my mind more than a dozen meditation classes can.

4.) Fleece. I try to be hip and cool and go with the sweaters and sexy wools, but all I really want against my body on a chilly fall weekend (with regard to clothing, of course) is fleece. Perfection is resting under a fleece blanket in my fleece PJs and socks, watching the beautiful fire while sipping pumpkin spice tea.

5.) Wireless speakers. My husband and I recently became obsessive with wireless speakers. Now we have music flowing through all the rooms. Chilly nights call for soft jazz or calming romantic classical music in the background while you read or just drift off into a lovely pumpkin spice and fleece filled dream.





Susanna Ives started writing when she left her job as a multimedia training developer to stay home with her family. Now she keeps busy driving her children to various classes, writing books, and maintaining websites. She often follows her husband on business trips around Europe and blogs about the misadventures of touring with children. She lives in Atlanta.

Social Networking Links 


Buy Links
Amazon | B&N | iBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!