Thursday, May 10, 2018

Susan's Perfect Weekend at the Chatham Gables Inn



My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary by treating ourselves to a weekend away. We have very busy lives; both of us work, our daughter is in law school and we have 5 Pembroke Welsh corgis. We decided to spend the weekend at the Chatham Gables Inn in Chatham, Massachusetts.

Our stay at the Chatham Gables Inn (CGI) exceeded our expectations! There are so many thoughtful touches through the inn. Fresh flowers, candy and wine in the common rooms—yes there are two charming fire placed rooms perfect for reading! The coffee and tea bar with tea bread and delicious cookies caught my eye as our host showed us to our room! My husband sampled the treats and loved the cookies!

A beautiful bouquet of tulips with a card from inn owners Andrea and Dave Smith greeted us as we entered our room. I fell in love with the queen size sleigh bed the minute we entered Siasconset, our beautiful appointed and inviting first floor suite. The gorgeous floral bedding appealed to me and the sheets were buttery soft. The steam shower, high end spa products and Turkish towels were fabulous! I felt like I was at a spa! The cozy club chair with a cashmere throw by the fireplace became my reading spot. After a long drive, my husband loved the super comfortable bed and by the way, he wanted to make sure that I mentioned the delicious cookies!

Dave and Andrea went above and beyond to make sure that my husband and I were comfortable. Dave helped us in with our luggage, gave us a few dinner suggestion and directions. We enjoyed a fabulous meal at the Chatham Squire; a cosmopolitan for me, an IPA beer for my husband, shrimp scampi, haddock and dessert (of course!) Dave gave us helpful tips and great directions for the places we wanted to visit. CGI is an easy drive to Provincetown and Truro. My husband loves authentic nautical items and and vintage postcards. We enjoyed a day sightseeing and shopping in Provincetown. My husband remarked that CGI was like a vintage postcard as it reminded him of the Patti Page song "Old Cape Cod".

Each morning, we were treated to amazing breakfasts in the inn’s quaint sun room. Andrea’s gourmet breakfasts were FABULOUS! I loved the granola with whipped cream, scrambled eggs with bacon and rosemary ciabatta bread served on our first day—it looked too pretty to eat! My husband loved the sunny side eggs and toast served on Saturday. Sunday’s brunch was out of this world! Pineapple and blackberries for the first course followed by CGI scrambled eggs, sausage and French toast! My husband is not a big breakfast person and he decided to have a bagel on our last day. He regretted his choice after spotting my breakfast plate and taking a taste of my french toast!

We loved our stay at the Chatham Gables Inn—can’t thank our hosts for making our weekend special. My husband describes our stay as visiting your favorite aunt’s house where you know you will be spoiled and have the best cookies in the world!

I am planning a return trip next year for my 60th birthday and have added a Kashwere throw to my Christmas list!

SHH….. don’t tell…… my husband ........ I haven't told him yet!

Reviewed By Susan Gorman




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!