Wednesday, July 22, 2020

While We Were Watching Downton Abbey by Wendy Wax

While We Were Watching Downton Abbey
by Wendy Wax
★★★★★

I know, we arent supposed to judge a book by
its cover. But I do and I wont apologize for it.
I have been burned by a cover or title that 
crooked its little finger at me and I couldn't 
resist. But most of the time, it has worked out
in my favor. Following a cover or title has lead
me to new authors that I still follow years later.
And it is quite possible that I have missed fabulous
authors because they have a boring or poorly
photo shopped cover or a confusing title. But more
often, I find good ones. 

Such is the case with While We Watched Downton 
Abbey by Wendy Wax. Never heard of her. But I 
am a crazy fan for Downton Abbey. Not only does
this book have a terrific title it boasts a wonderful
cover too! 

The story is interesting. Three women that are in
completely different places of their lives. Their 
situations and dreams are nothing alike. They all 
live in The Alexander. In any other place, they likely 
would never even speak to each other. But as it
happens sometimes, people fall into your life because
of a moment, a situation....it just leads them to you.
Or you to them. 

Samantha, Claire and Brooke have fallen into each
others lives. The story follows them thru their 
hard times and good times. We women tend to
be great friends to each other. Then that leads to
wonderful stories. Wendy Wax has taken that cue to
write this wonderful story. You will love how she 
weaves Downton thru the book. The characters are
interesting and real. You will want to find out if there
is an available apartment in The Alexander. 

Review by Lisa Hutson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!