Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Gayle's Review of Never Rescue a Rogue



Never Rescue a Rogue is the second book in Virginia Heath's series The Merriwell Sisters. Never Rescue a Rogue is a lovely romance with a fantastic cast of memorable characters. I loved this book even more than the first one in the series. There is a believable romance in Never Rescue a Rogue and it has understated humor, mystery and witty dialogue which appealed to me. 

The hero and heroine are first introduced in Never Fall for Your FiancĂ©e. When Diana and Giles met and rubbed each other the wrong way but had obvious chemistry. I had hoped that they would be the main characters of the second book. 

The heroine Diana Merriwell is the middle sister and she is such an interesting character. I love Diana's skill set and the way she handles family and professional situations in her life. Diana behaves in a manner that makes sense to me and I was thrilled with her development throughout the book. I like her spunk and determination. Her relationship with Giles develops in a believable way.

Giles Sinclair is the best friend of the hero from book one and he is a man with a reputation or is he? Giles has his reasons for his outlandish behaviors and the reader gets to discover the truth of the matter along with Diana. Giles is protective without being stifling and I enjoyed his character very much. I always end up adoring Virginia Heath's heroes and Giles is no exception.

There is intrigue, passion and humor along with the standard wit and character development that Virginia Heath consistently brings to her writing. I really liked how visual this book was for me and Virginia's descriptions brought the locations, history and situations to life. Never Rescue a Rogue a definite must read .

Reviewed by Gayle

ARC provided by St. Martin's Press, St. Martin's Griffin






1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by!