Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Love and Let Spy by Shana Galen - Review

Love and Let Spy by Shana Galen


Have you been enjoying the spy series by Shana Galen
Lord and Lady Spy, True Spies, The Spy Wore Blue.
I have liked every one of them. But even if you haven't read
the others in the series, you can still love this one, Love and Let Spy.

The story of Jane & Dominic. Both endlessly stubborn.
Jane, raised to be a ruthless, clever spy. She never
quits. Always trying to prove herself.
And she has never ending patience.
Which she needs.

Dominic, has a way with horses. Prefers them over
people, mostly. He does not seem all that special at first glance.
But then you realize how brave he is.  The courage it takes

for him to appear normal.
Dominic has rules and deep fears.

Both Jane & Dominic are so special and unique.
They would each have gladly continued on with their lives.
But as luck would have it, they find themselves forced together.
Can they make it work?
Can he over come his mothers secrets?
Can she survive the secrets M guards?
Will the Barbican be able to stop Fonce?


     "And it shall go something like this. Miss Bonde,
 from the moment I saw you,
     you stole my heart. I did not give it freely."

    "God knows that is the truth."
He ignored her.

"And you did not request it. You stole it away,
and when I tried to reclaim it,
I found I didn't want it anymore.
I wanted yours instead."


I always enjoy Shana's writing. There is
never a dull moment. Her stories are
fast moving with terrific dialogue.
Interesting, noble, surprising, daring

and fun characters. The stories don't
always go along as you imagine they will.
Love and Let Spy is easily my favorite
Shana Galen book, so far.

Reviewed by Lisa Hutson


What Lady Celeste has to say about
Love and Let Spy 

Someone was after her. She could not be certain it was Fonce or the Maitriser group, but someone was looking for her. And someone knew where to look, which meant that her aunt and uncle were no longer safe And that made finding Fonce all the more pressing. She reached for the latch on the cemetery gate, but instead of cold metal, she touched something warm and soft. "Allow me."

The storyline of Love and Let Spy draws you into Shana Galen's world of spies and conspiracies and her well- crafted characters keep you invested in the novel's outcome.

Dominic Griffyn resonated with me because is a complex hero with many layers. He has suffered and is ashamed of his past. Dominic is also honorable and quiet. You can't help admire him as the story progresses. Our heroine is the independent and beautiful spy Jane Bonde. Most of the ton assumes that Jane is interested in marriage and children. But, she's not. Jane is a spy for the exclusive Barbican group. She's more comfortable chasing criminals then making small talk at social events. Jane has been tasked to find the elusive and deadly French spy Fonce. She doesn't have time or desire for romance or marriage--Jane's got a spy to catch!

Shana Galen has written a poignant sensual dark drama with intrigue and angst. The sexual chemistry between Dominic and Jane is undeniable. But, both characters have issues and secrets to overcome. This is a fast paced spy story with very sensuous love scenes which fit into the story line perfectly. The novel's well - written satisfying ending kept me reading the last few chapters in one sitting as there were several unexpected plot twists and surprises .




Review by Susan Gorman
Link to Susan's Fresh Fiction Review of Love and Let Spy.

8 comments:

  1. Great review, looks like another must read from Shana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the review and it just reinforces my own opinion that Shana Galen writes fantastic stories. I love this series and can't wait to read Love and Let Spy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, Barabara E! Terrific characters. Such a good story!

      Delete
  4. I can't wait for this book! I love all the couples from this series! They are clashing, bickering, fight to say, "I am the better spy!" Ms. Galen writes amazing stories that reach thru my Kindle or paperback, grabs me by my hair & drops into her crazy SPY world! I also stop for popcorn & small snacks along the way! And London isn't cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Patty, you are gonna love this one. I will tell you, its a little different. I said that with a sing song lilt to it. Its a little different. haha
      Enjoy it and your snacks!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!