Wednesday, April 27, 2016

While You Were Mine by Ann Howard Creel

While You Were Mine
by Ann Howard Creel


Ann Howard Creel is a new author for me. This story
starts on the day World War II ended. Gwen Mullen is
a nurse living in New York City. As she is trying to make
her way home from the hospital, the city is going
crazy with excitement. As much as she
would like to enjoy the party, she needs to get home.
But when she arrives, there is a stranger on her porch. 
A feeling of dread flows through her.
Seeing this stranger standing there does not feel right.


About a year ago, Gwen had a room mate that was a
new mother, struggling with postpartum depression.
Her room mate leaves Gwen high and dry with the baby.
This is a fast paced story with a lot in it. There is a lot
of history happening in the United States. Mental
illness is a big part of While You Were Mine. It's a
story of forgiveness. Finding strength inside you.
Strength to follow your heart. Follow love. Doing the
right thing even if it is so very hard.


I enjoyed this story. Ann Howard Creel put a lot of

emotion in the characters. Gave them so much life.
The place they were living as well. How real it all felt
while I was reading. I don't recall reading a romantic
story in this time period. But it surely is a story
full of love and romance. I did not want to sit the
 book down once I started it. It flies by.
It ends with a wonderful ending. I was kind of
worried for a bit that was not going to be the
case, so don't give up. Keep with it. You will
enjoy it and be glad you did.

I bought my kindle copy of
While You Were Mine from Amazon.

Review by Lisa Hutson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!