Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Movie Review - The Longest Ride

The Longest Ride
Movie Review

The movie opened April 10.
Starring Scott Eastwood, Britt Robertson
and Alan Alda.
It runs a little over 2 hours.

Nicholas Sparks is attached to this movie.
Generally, that is enough for me to pass on it.
Much as I love romantic movies, his reputation for
sad endings always puts me off. I will wait for Redbox.
A friend gave me the thumbs up on the happy ending.
So I went. And I am glad that I did.

To be totally upfront, the acting is mediocre. 
They are both nice looking young people. But neither
has enough acting experience to
 match up along side 
Alan Alda.
But the story is sweet and romantic. 
There is another romantic
story running through the movie as well. 
So you are getting two
wonderful stories in one movie. 

I really enjoyed the movie. I probably won't buy it.
But I would rent it on Redbox.
It would be a terrific date night movie. Well, maybe
 more of a girls night out movie.
Yes, definitely a girls night out movie.
Review by Lisa Hutson










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!