Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Best of Us by Robyn Carr - Audible edition

The Best of Us
by Robyn Carr
Audible Edition
☆☆☆☆☆
Every so often, a thing will make its way around on Facebook.
Someone will ask you to list your 15 favorite authors.
There are a lot of authors I like to read. But when I reply
on that FB thing, I generally list 4 or 5. There just aren't
that many that I will automatically buy. Or that will
absolutely make the time to read.
Robyn Carr is one of them.
 
I have never ever been disappointed in her stories.
To add to that, she uses Therese Plummer to narrate
her wonderful stories. I think she may be the best
narrator I have ever listened to.
 The Best of Us has been typical in that I did not want
it to end. I believe she could just keep writing and
writing these characters and this place on and on.
Generation after generation. And it would never
be boring. Not just Sullivans Crossing. Any of her
stories or places.
 
Dr Leigh Culver is a capable, smart, kind
independent woman. She was raised by her Aunt Helen.
Who is exactly the same. Both Leigh and Helen are sure
they can manage. Neither have any interest in marriage.
What kind of life is that? With no permanent strong
connection in love with another?
Can they leave themselves open to new possibilities?
Are either of them willing to turn loose of their heart?
Does the right man exist?
I highly recommend The Best of Us.
I hope you will enjoy the story however you go about it.
 
 
I bought my copy from Audible.com
Review by Lisa Hutson
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!